Average Weather in May in San Pietro in Gu Italy
Daily high temperatures increase by 8°F, from 69°F to 77°F, rarely falling below 59°F or exceeding 87°F.
Daily low temperatures increase by 8°F, from 51°F to 59°F, rarely falling below 44°F or exceeding 65°F.
For reference, on August 3, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in San Pietro in Gu typically range from 67°F to 87°F, while on January 12, the coldest day of the year, they range from 31°F to 44°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in May
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on May. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in May
Crossville, Tennessee, United States (4,794 miles away) and Buchanan, Virginia, United States (4,498 miles) are the far-away foreign places with temperatures most similar to San Pietro in Gu (view comparison).
The month of May in San Pietro in Gu experiences gradually decreasing cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy decreasing from 53% to 46%. The highest chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 54% on May 2.
The clearest day of the month is May 31, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 54% of the time.
For reference, on November 19, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 54%, while on July 31, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 74%.
Cloud Cover Categories in May
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In San Pietro in Gu, the chance of a wet day over the course of May is gradually increasing, starting the month at 29% and ending it at 32%.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 33% on June 4, and its lowest chance is 15% on January 24.
Probability of Precipitation in May
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during May in San Pietro in Gu is essentially constant, remaining about 2.6 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 4.9 inches or falling below 1.0 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall in May
Over the course of May in San Pietro in Gu, the length of the day is rapidly increasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day increases by 1 hour, 7 minutes, implying an average daily increase of 2 minutes, 15 seconds, and weekly increase of 15 minutes, 42 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is May 1, with 14 hours, 19 minutes of daylight and the longest day is May 31, with 15 hours, 26 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in May
The latest sunrise of the month in San Pietro in Gu is 6:01 AM on May 1 and the earliest sunrise is 33 minutes earlier at 5:28 AM on May 31.
The earliest sunset is 8:20 PM on May 1 and the latest sunset is 34 minutes later at 8:54 PM on May 31.
Daylight saving time is observed in San Pietro in Gu during 2018, but it neither starts nor ends during May, so the entire month is in daylight saving time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:24 AM and sets 15 hours, 42 minutes later, at 9:06 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 7:50 AM and sets 8 hours, 41 minutes later, at 4:31 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in May
The chance that a given day will be muggy in San Pietro in Gu is gradually increasing during May, rising from 0% to 4% over the course of the month.
For reference, on July 26, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 42% of the time, while on January 1, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in May
The average hourly wind speed in San Pietro in Gu is essentially constant during May, remaining within 0.2 miles per hour of 5.1 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on April 6, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 5.5 miles per hour, while on August 10, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 4.4 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed in May
Wind Direction in May
San Pietro in Gu is located near a large body of water (e.g., ocean, sea, or large lake). This section reports on the wide-area average surface temperature of that water.
The average surface water temperature in San Pietro in Gu is rapidly increasing during May, rising by 8°F, from 60°F to 68°F, over the course of the month.
Average Water Temperature in May
The growing season in San Pietro in Gu typically lasts for 8.3 months (255 days), from around March 9 to around November 20, rarely starting before February 13 or after April 1, and rarely ending before October 31 or after December 11.
The month of May in San Pietro in Gu is reliably fully within the growing season.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in May
The average accumulated growing degree days in San Pietro in Gu are increasing during May, increasing by 431°F, from 297°F to 729°F, over the course of the month.
Growing Degree Days in May
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in San Pietro in Gu is gradually increasing during May, rising by 0.8 kWh, from 5.5 kWh to 6.3 kWh, over the course of the month.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in May
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of San Pietro in Gu are 45.609 deg latitude, 11.674 deg longitude, and 131 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of San Pietro in Gu is essentially flat, with a maximum elevation change of 59 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 132 feet. Within 10 miles is essentially flat (1,129 feet). Within 50 miles contains very significant variations in elevation (10,505 feet).
The area within 2 miles of San Pietro in Gu is covered by cropland (90%) and artificial surfaces (10%), within 10 miles by cropland (81%) and artificial surfaces (15%), and within 50 miles by cropland (51%) and trees (27%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in San Pietro in Gu year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 4 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in San Pietro in Gu.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and San Pietro in Gu according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at San Pietro in Gu is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between San Pietro in Gu and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Istrana (68%, 33 kilometers, east); Verona Villafranca Airport (24%, 66 kilometers, west); Passo Rolle (4.2%, 77 kilometers, north); and Paganella (meteorological station) (3.9%, 78 kilometers, northwest).
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .