Average Weather in August in Vransko Slovenia
Daily high temperatures decrease by 6°F, from 78°F to 72°F, rarely falling below 62°F or exceeding 87°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 78°F on August 3.
Daily low temperatures decrease by 4°F, from 55°F to 51°F, rarely falling below 45°F or exceeding 60°F.
For reference, on August 3, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Vransko typically range from 55°F to 78°F, while on January 13, the coldest day of the year, they range from 22°F to 35°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in August
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on August. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in August
The month of August in Vransko experiences gradually increasing cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy increasing from 31% to 38%. The lowest chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 31% on August 1.
The clearest day of the month is August 1, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 69% of the time.
For reference, on November 20, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 64%, while on July 22, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 69%.
Cloud Cover Categories in August
0% clear 20% mostly clear 40% partly cloudy 60% mostly cloudy 80% overcast 100%
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Vransko, the chance of a wet day over the course of August is essentially constant, remaining around 32% throughout.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 40% on June 13, and its lowest chance is 15% on January 21.
Probability of Precipitation in August
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during August in Vransko is increasing, starting the month at 3.1 inches, when it rarely exceeds 5.1 inches or falls below 1.5 inches, and ending the month at 3.7 inches, when it rarely exceeds 6.0 inches or falls below 1.8 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall in August
Over the course of August in Vransko, the length of the day is rapidly decreasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day decreases by 1 hour, 27 minutes, implying an average daily decrease of 2 minutes, 54 seconds, and weekly decrease of 20 minutes, 20 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is August 31, with 13 hours, 21 minutes of daylight and the longest day is August 1, with 14 hours, 48 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in August
The earliest sunrise of the month in Vransko is 5:41 AM on August 1 and the latest sunrise is 37 minutes later at 6:19 AM on August 31.
The latest sunset is 8:30 PM on August 1 and the earliest sunset is 50 minutes earlier at 7:40 PM on August 31.
Daylight saving time is observed in Vransko during 2021, but it neither starts nor ends during August, so the entire month is in daylight saving time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:08 AM and sets 15 hours, 47 minutes later, at 8:55 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 7:40 AM and sets 8 hours, 37 minutes later, at 4:16 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in August
The figure below presents a compact representation of key lunar data for August 2021. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the colored areas indicate when the moon is above the horizon. The vertical gray bars (new Moons) and blue bars (full Moons) indicate key Moon phases. The label associated with each bar indicates the date and time that the phase is obtained, and the companion time labels indicate the rise and set times of the Moon for the nearest time interval in which the moon is above the horizon.
Moon Rise, Set & Phases in August
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Vransko is gradually decreasing during August, falling from 4% to 1% over the course of the month.
For reference, on July 25, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 4% of the time, while on January 1, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in August
dry 55°F comfortable 60°F humid 65°F muggy 70°F oppressive 75°F miserable
The average hourly wind speed in Vransko is essentially constant during August, remaining within 0.1 miles per hour of 3.4 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on March 13, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 4.8 miles per hour, while on August 10, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 3.3 miles per hour.
The lowest daily average wind speed during August is 3.3 miles per hour on August 10.
Average Wind Speed in August
The hourly average wind direction in Vransko throughout August is predominantly from the east, with a peak proportion of 33% on August 20.
Wind Direction in August
The growing season in Vransko typically lasts for 5.9 months (179 days), from around April 20 to around October 16, rarely starting before April 1 or after May 7, and rarely ending before September 29 or after November 1.
The month of August in Vransko is reliably fully within the growing season.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in August
The average accumulated growing degree days in Vransko are increasing during August, increasing by 433°F, from 1,185°F to 1,618°F, over the course of the month.
Growing Degree Days in August
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Vransko is decreasing during August, falling by 1.2 kWh, from 6.3 kWh to 5.1 kWh, over the course of the month.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in August
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Vransko are 46.244 deg latitude, 14.951 deg longitude, and 1,122 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Vransko contains large variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 2,461 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 1,633 feet. Within 10 miles contains large variations in elevation (4,511 feet). Within 50 miles also contains extreme variations in elevation (7,936 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Vransko is covered by trees (57%) and cropland (35%), within 10 miles by trees (64%) and cropland (24%), and within 50 miles by trees (61%) and cropland (26%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Vransko, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 3 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Vransko.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Vransko according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Vransko is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Vransko and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Celje Airport (63%, 22 kilometers, east); Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (31%, 38 kilometers, west); and Rijeka/Krk Airport (6%, 118 kilometers, south).
Time zones for airports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .