Average Weather in July in Inverness Alabama, United States
In Inverness, the month of July is characterized by essentially constant daily high temperatures, with daily highs around 91°F throughout the month, rarely exceeding 97°F or dropping below 84°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 91°F on July 23.
Daily low temperatures are around 71°F, rarely falling below 67°F or exceeding 75°F. The highest daily average low temperature is 72°F on July 26.
For reference, on July 22, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Inverness typically range from 72°F to 91°F, while on January 17, the coldest day of the year, they range from 38°F to 58°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in July
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on July. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in July
The month of July in Inverness experiences essentially constant cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy remaining about 49% throughout the month. The highest chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 51% on July 12.
The clearest day of the month is July 31, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 53% of the time.
For reference, on January 3, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 52%, while on October 8, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 66%.
Cloud Cover Categories in July
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Inverness, the chance of a wet day over the course of July is essentially constant, remaining around 47% throughout.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 49% on July 18, and its lowest chance is 17% on October 16.
Probability of Precipitation in July
To show variation within the month and not just the monthly total, we show the rainfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day.
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during July in Inverness is decreasing, starting the month at 4.4 inches, when it rarely exceeds 7.7 inches or falls below 1.9 inches, and ending the month at 3.6 inches, when it rarely exceeds 5.7 inches or falls below 1.7 inches.
The highest average 31-day accumulation is 4.4 inches on July 4.
Average Monthly Rainfall in July
Over the course of July in Inverness, the length of the day is gradually decreasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day decreases by 30 minutes, implying an average daily decrease of 60 seconds, and weekly decrease of 6 minutes, 57 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is July 31, with 13 hours, 43 minutes of daylight and the longest day is July 1, with 14 hours, 12 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in July
The earliest sunrise of the month in Inverness is 5:40 AM on July 1 and the latest sunrise is 17 minutes later at 5:57 AM on July 31.
The latest sunset is 7:53 PM on July 1 and the earliest sunset is 13 minutes earlier at 7:40 PM on July 31.
Daylight saving time is observed in Inverness during 2017, but it neither starts nor ends during July, so the entire month is in daylight saving time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:37 AM and sets 14 hours, 15 minutes later, at 7:52 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 6:39 AM and sets 10 hours, 3 minutes later, at 4:42 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in July
We base the humidity comfort level on the dew point, as it determines whether perspiration will evaporate from the skin, thereby cooling the body. Lower dew points feel drier and higher dew points feel more humid. Unlike temperature, which typically varies significantly between night and day, dew point tends to change more slowly, so while the temperature may drop at night, a muggy day is typically followed by a muggy night.
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Inverness is increasing during July, rising from 88% to 95% over the course of the month.
The highest chance of a muggy day during July is 96% on July 24.
For reference, on July 24, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 96% of the time, while on January 23, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in July
This section discusses the wide-area hourly average wind vector (speed and direction) at 10 meters above the ground. The wind experienced at any given location is highly dependent on local topography and other factors, and instantaneous wind speed and direction vary more widely than hourly averages.
The average hourly wind speed in Inverness is essentially constant during July, remaining within 0.1 miles per hour of 3.1 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on February 26, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 4.7 miles per hour, while on August 5, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 3.0 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed in July
Wind Direction in July
This section discusses the total daily incident shortwave solar energy reaching the surface of the ground over a wide area, taking full account of seasonal variations in the length of the day, the elevation of the Sun above the horizon, and absorption by clouds and other atmospheric constituents. Shortwave radiation includes visible light and ultraviolet radiation.
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Inverness is essentially constant during July, remaining within 0.1 kWh of 6.2 kWh throughout.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in July
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Inverness are 32.015 deg latitude, -85.746 deg longitude, and 456 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Inverness contains only modest variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 157 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 448 feet. Within 10 miles also contains only modest variations in elevation (351 feet). Within 50 miles contains only modest variations in elevation (771 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Inverness is covered by trees (87%) and cropland (13%), within 10 miles by trees (90%), and within 50 miles by trees (73%) and cropland (19%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Inverness year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 4 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Inverness.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Inverness according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Inverness is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Inverness and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Troy Municipal Airport (52%, 30 kilometers, southwest); Weedon Field (19%, 59 kilometers, east); Maxwell Air Force Base / Montgomery (15%, 70 kilometers, northwest); and Auburn-Opelika Robert G Pitts Airport (14%, 73 kilometers, northeast).
All data relating to the Sun's position (e.g., sunrise and sunset) are computed using astronomical formulas from the book, Astronomical Tables of the Sun, Moon and Planets , by Jean Meeus.
All other weather data, including cloud cover, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and solar flux, come from NASA's MERRA-2 Modern-Era Retrospective Analysis . This reanalysis combines a variety of wide-area measurements in a state-of-the-art global meteorological model to reconstruct the hourly history of weather throughout the world on a 50-kilometer grid.
Land Use data comes from the Global Land Cover SHARE database , published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
Elevation data comes from the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) , published by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Names, locations, and time zones of places and some airports come from the GeoNames Geographical Database .
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .
Maps are © Esri, with data from National Geographic, Esri, DeLorme, NAVTEQ, UNEP-WCMC, USGS, NASA, ESA, METI, NRCAN, GEBCO, NOAA, and iPC.
The information on this site is provided as is, without any assurances as to its accuracy or suitability for any purpose. Weather data is prone to errors, outages, and other defects. We assume no responsibility for any decisions made on the basis of the content presented on this site.
We draw particular cautious attention to our reliance on the MERRA-2 model-based reconstructions for a number of important data series. While having the tremendous advantages of temporal and spatial completeness, these reconstructions: (1) are based on computer models that may have model-based errors, (2) are coarsely sampled on a 50 km grid and are therefore unable to reconstruct the local variations of many microclimates, and (3) have particular difficulty with the weather in some coastal areas, especially small islands.