Average Weather in Kadugli Sudan
In Kadugli, the wet season is hot, oppressive, and mostly cloudy and the dry season is sweltering, windy, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 64°F to 105°F and is rarely below 58°F or above 109°F.
Based on the beach/pool score, the best time of year to visit Kadugli for hot-weather activities is from mid October to early March.
The hot season lasts for 2.6 months, from February 26 to May 14, with an average daily high temperature above 101°F. The hottest day of the year is April 11, with an average high of 105°F and low of 76°F.
The cool season lasts for 2.7 months, from July 6 to September 29, with an average daily high temperature below 89°F. The coldest day of the year is January 6, with an average low of 64°F and high of 95°F.
Average High and Low Temperature
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the entire year of hourly average temperatures. The horizontal axis is the day of the year, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature
Chilla, Gambia (3,110 miles away); Solāpur, India (3,122 miles); and Tharyarwady, Myanmar (Burma) (4,431 miles) are the far-away foreign places with temperatures most similar to Kadugli (view comparison).
In Kadugli, the average percentage of the sky covered by clouds experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The clearer part of the year in Kadugli begins around September 30 and lasts for 6.5 months, ending around April 14. On November 20, the clearest day of the year, the sky is clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 61% of the time, and overcast or mostly cloudy 39% of the time.
The cloudier part of the year begins around April 14 and lasts for 5.5 months, ending around September 30. On August 10, the cloudiest day of the year, the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy 74% of the time, and clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 26% of the time.
Cloud Cover Categories
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. The chance of wet days in Kadugli varies very significantly throughout the year.
The wetter season lasts 4.7 months, from May 25 to October 16, with a greater than 33% chance of a given day being a wet day. The chance of a wet day peaks at 67% on August 21.
The drier season lasts 7.3 months, from October 16 to May 25. The smallest chance of a wet day is 0% on December 18.
Among wet days, we distinguish between those that experience rain alone, snow alone, or a mixture of the two. Based on this categorization, the most common form of precipitation throughout the year is rain alone, with a peak probability of 67% on August 21.
Daily Chance of Precipitation
To show variation within the months and not just the monthly totals, we show the rainfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day of the year. Kadugli experiences extreme seasonal variation in monthly rainfall.
The rainy period of the year lasts for 6.4 months, from April 23 to November 4, with a sliding 31-day rainfall of at least 0.5 inches. The most rain falls during the 31 days centered around August 10, with an average total accumulation of 5.5 inches.
The rainless period of the year lasts for 5.6 months, from November 4 to April 23. The least rain falls around January 1, with an average total accumulation of 0.0 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall
The length of the day in Kadugli does not vary substantially over the course of the year, staying within 46 minutes of 12 hours throughout. In 2017, the shortest day is December 21, with 11 hours, 29 minutes of daylight; the longest day is June 21, with 12 hours, 46 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight
The earliest sunrise is at 6:37 AM on May 30, and the latest sunrise is 48 minutes later at 7:25 AM on January 26. The earliest sunset is at 6:34 PM on November 17, and the latest sunset is 54 minutes later at 7:28 PM on July 11.
Daylight saving time (DST) is not observed in Kadugli during 2017.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight
Kadugli experiences extreme seasonal variation in the perceived humidity.
The muggier period of the year lasts for 6.0 months, from May 4 to November 4, during which time the comfort level is muggy, oppressive, or miserable at least 25% of the time. The muggiest day of the year is September 1, with muggy conditions 98% of the time.
The least muggy day of the year is December 19, when muggy conditions are essentially unheard of.
Humidity Comfort Levels
The average hourly wind speed in Kadugli experiences extreme seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The windier part of the year lasts for 5.1 months, from November 11 to April 15, with average wind speeds of more than 9.0 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is February 13, with an average hourly wind speed of 13.9 miles per hour.
The calmer time of year lasts for 6.9 months, from April 15 to November 11. The calmest day of the year is September 25, with an average hourly wind speed of 4.1 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed
The predominant average hourly wind direction in Kadugli varies throughout the year.
The wind is most often from the south for 5.8 months, from April 25 to October 19, with a peak percentage of 78% on June 23. The wind is most often from the east for 2.0 days, from October 19 to October 21, with a peak percentage of 30% on October 20. The wind is most often from the north for 6.1 months, from October 21 to April 25, with a peak percentage of 92% on January 1.
Best Time of Year to Visit
To characterize how pleasant the weather is in Kadugli throughout the year, we compute two travel scores.
The tourism score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 65°F and 80°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit Kadugli for general outdoor tourist activities is from mid November to mid February, with a peak score in the first week of January.
The beach/pool score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 75°F and 90°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit Kadugli for hot-weather activities is from mid October to early March, with a peak score in the third week of December.
For each hour between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM of each day in the analysis period (1980 to 2016), independent scores are computed for perceived temperature, cloud cover, and total precipitation. Those scores are combined into a single hourly composite score, which is then aggregated into days, averaged over all the years in the analysis period, and smoothed.
Our cloud cover score is 10 for fully clear skies, falling linearly to 9 for mostly clear skies, and to 1 for fully overcast skies.
Our precipitation score, which is based on the three-hour precipitation centered on the hour in question, is 10 for no precipitation, falling linearly to 9 for trace precipitation, and to 0 for 0.04 inches of precipitation or more.
Our tourism temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 50°F, rising linearly to 9 for 65°F, to 10 for 75°F, falling linearly to 9 for 80°F, and to 1 for 90°F or hotter.
Our beach/pool temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 65°F, rising linearly to 9 for 75°F, to 10 for 82°F, falling linearly to 9 for 90°F, and to 1 for 100°F or hotter.
Temperatures in Kadugli are sufficiently warm year round that it is not entirely meaningful to discuss the growing season in these terms. We nevertheless include the chart below as an illustration of the distribution of temperatures experienced throughout the year.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season
Growing Degree Days
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy experiences some seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The brighter period of the year lasts for 2.5 months, from February 15 to April 29, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter above 6.7 kWh. The brightest day of the year is April 4, with an average of 7.2 kWh.
The darker period of the year lasts for 2.5 months, from June 29 to September 12, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter below 5.3 kWh. The darkest day of the year is August 8, with an average of 4.8 kWh.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Kadugli are 11.011 deg latitude, 29.718 deg longitude, and 1,706 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Kadugli contains very significant variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 902 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 1,752 feet. Within 10 miles also contains very significant variations in elevation (1,440 feet). Within 50 miles contains very significant variations in elevation (2,405 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Kadugli is covered by artificial surfaces (47%), shrubs (31%), cropland (11%), and bare soil (10%), within 10 miles by shrubs (55%) and cropland (23%), and within 50 miles by shrubs (43%) and trees (39%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Kadugli, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Kadugli is further than 200 kilometers from the nearest reliable weather station, so the weather-related data on this page were taken entirely from NASA's MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis . This reanalysis combines a variety of wide-area measurements in a state-of-the-art global meteorological model to reconstruct the hourly history of weather throughout the world on a 50-kilometer grid.
The temperature and dew point estimates are corrected for the difference between the reference elevation of the MERRA-2 grid cell and the elevation of Kadugli, according to the International Standard Atmosphere .
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .