Average Weather in San Felipe Orizatlán Mexico
In San Felipe Orizatlán, the wet season is hot, oppressive, and mostly cloudy and the dry season is warm and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 58°F to 96°F and is rarely below 50°F or above 104°F.
Based on the tourism score, the best time of year to visit San Felipe Orizatlán for warm-weather activities is from late October to mid April.
The hot season lasts for 2.5 months, from April 6 to June 21, with an average daily high temperature above 92°F. The hottest day of the year is May 21, with an average high of 96°F and low of 74°F.
The cool season lasts for 2.5 months, from November 22 to February 9, with an average daily high temperature below 81°F. The coldest day of the year is January 7, with an average low of 58°F and high of 78°F.
Average High and Low Temperature
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the entire year of hourly average temperatures. The horizontal axis is the day of the year, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature
Concepción, Paraguay (4,147 miles away); Ipinda, Tanzania (9,194 miles); and Luang Prabang, Laos (9,283 miles) are the far-away foreign places with temperatures most similar to San Felipe Orizatlán (view comparison).
In San Felipe Orizatlán, the average percentage of the sky covered by clouds experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The clearer part of the year in San Felipe Orizatlán begins around October 22 and lasts for 7.8 months, ending around June 14. On March 10, the clearest day of the year, the sky is clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 65% of the time, and overcast or mostly cloudy 35% of the time.
The cloudier part of the year begins around June 14 and lasts for 4.2 months, ending around October 22. On September 15, the cloudiest day of the year, the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy 76% of the time, and clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 24% of the time.
Cloud Cover Categories
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. The chance of wet days in San Felipe Orizatlán varies significantly throughout the year.
The wetter season lasts 4.2 months, from June 4 to October 12, with a greater than 38% chance of a given day being a wet day. The chance of a wet day peaks at 62% on September 2.
The drier season lasts 7.8 months, from October 12 to June 4. The smallest chance of a wet day is 14% on February 27.
Among wet days, we distinguish between those that experience rain alone, snow alone, or a mixture of the two. Based on this categorization, the most common form of precipitation throughout the year is rain alone, with a peak probability of 62% on September 2.
Daily Chance of Precipitation
To show variation within the months and not just the monthly totals, we show the rainfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day of the year. San Felipe Orizatlán experiences extreme seasonal variation in monthly rainfall.
Rain falls throughout the year in San Felipe Orizatlán. The most rain falls during the 31 days centered around September 14, with an average total accumulation of 9.0 inches.
The least rain falls around February 15, with an average total accumulation of 1.1 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall
The length of the day in San Felipe Orizatlán varies over the course of the year. In 2018, the shortest day is December 21, with 10 hours, 51 minutes of daylight; the longest day is June 21, with 13 hours, 25 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight
The earliest sunrise is at 6:28 AM on March 31, and the latest sunrise is 1 hour, 7 minutes later at 7:34 AM on October 27. The earliest sunset is at 5:51 PM on November 26, and the latest sunset is 2 hours, 29 minutes later at 8:20 PM on July 4.
Daylight saving time (DST) is observed in San Felipe Orizatlán during 2018, starting in the spring on April 1, lasting 6.8 months, and ending in the fall on October 28.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight and Daylight Saving Time
San Felipe Orizatlán experiences extreme seasonal variation in the perceived humidity.
The muggier period of the year lasts for 7.1 months, from April 12 to November 14, during which time the comfort level is muggy, oppressive, or miserable at least 25% of the time. The muggiest day of the year is July 5, with muggy conditions 96% of the time.
The least muggy day of the year is January 18, with muggy conditions 1% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels
The average hourly wind speed in San Felipe Orizatlán experiences mild seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The windier part of the year lasts for 4.5 months, from February 23 to July 5, with average wind speeds of more than 5.8 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is April 19, with an average hourly wind speed of 6.7 miles per hour.
The calmer time of year lasts for 7.6 months, from July 5 to February 23. The calmest day of the year is December 2, with an average hourly wind speed of 4.8 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed
The predominant average hourly wind direction in San Felipe Orizatlán is from the east throughout the year.
Best Time of Year to Visit
To characterize how pleasant the weather is in San Felipe Orizatlán throughout the year, we compute two travel scores.
The tourism score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 65°F and 80°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit San Felipe Orizatlán for general outdoor tourist activities is from late October to mid April, with a peak score in the first week of March.
The beach/pool score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 75°F and 90°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit San Felipe Orizatlán for hot-weather activities is from late March to early June, with a peak score in the last week of April.
For each hour between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM of each day in the analysis period (1980 to 2016), independent scores are computed for perceived temperature, cloud cover, and total precipitation. Those scores are combined into a single hourly composite score, which is then aggregated into days, averaged over all the years in the analysis period, and smoothed.
Our cloud cover score is 10 for fully clear skies, falling linearly to 9 for mostly clear skies, and to 1 for fully overcast skies.
Our precipitation score, which is based on the three-hour precipitation centered on the hour in question, is 10 for no precipitation, falling linearly to 9 for trace precipitation, and to 0 for 0.04 inches of precipitation or more.
Our tourism temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 50°F, rising linearly to 9 for 65°F, to 10 for 75°F, falling linearly to 9 for 80°F, and to 1 for 90°F or hotter.
Our beach/pool temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 65°F, rising linearly to 9 for 75°F, to 10 for 82°F, falling linearly to 9 for 90°F, and to 1 for 100°F or hotter.
Temperatures in San Felipe Orizatlán are sufficiently warm year round that it is not entirely meaningful to discuss the growing season in these terms. We nevertheless include the chart below as an illustration of the distribution of temperatures experienced throughout the year.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season
Growing Degree Days
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The brighter period of the year lasts for 2.8 months, from March 28 to June 22, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter above 6.5 kWh. The brightest day of the year is May 30, with an average of 7.1 kWh.
The darker period of the year lasts for 2.6 months, from November 13 to February 1, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter below 4.7 kWh. The darkest day of the year is December 30, with an average of 4.1 kWh.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of San Felipe Orizatlán are 21.171 deg latitude, -98.607 deg longitude, and 699 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of San Felipe Orizatlán contains only modest variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 472 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 669 feet. Within 10 miles contains only modest variations in elevation (4,695 feet). Within 50 miles also contains extreme variations in elevation (9,541 feet).
The area within 2 miles of San Felipe Orizatlán is covered by cropland (100%), within 10 miles by cropland (84%) and trees (16%), and within 50 miles by cropland (63%) and trees (30%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in San Felipe Orizatlán, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 2 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in San Felipe Orizatlán.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and San Felipe Orizatlán according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at San Felipe Orizatlán is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between San Felipe Orizatlán and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Tulancingo (34%, 124 kilometers, south) and General Francisco Javier Mina International Airport (66%, 147 kilometers, northeast).
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .