Average Weather in Franco Tavera Mexico
In Franco Tavera, the wet season is overcast, the dry season is partly cloudy, and it is warm year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 44°F to 88°F and is rarely below 38°F or above 93°F.
Based on the tourism score, the best time of year to visit Franco Tavera for warm-weather activities is from early April to early June.
The hot season lasts for 2.2 months, from April 4 to June 11, with an average daily high temperature above 85°F. The hottest day of the year is May 11, with an average high of 88°F and low of 58°F.
The cool season lasts for 2.4 months, from November 25 to February 6, with an average daily high temperature below 77°F. The coldest day of the year is January 7, with an average low of 44°F and high of 74°F.
Average High and Low Temperature
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the entire year of hourly average temperatures. The horizontal axis is the day of the year, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature
In Franco Tavera, the average percentage of the sky covered by clouds experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The clearer part of the year in Franco Tavera begins around October 27 and lasts for 7.5 months, ending around June 10. On February 23, the clearest day of the year, the sky is clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 65% of the time, and overcast or mostly cloudy 35% of the time.
The cloudier part of the year begins around June 10 and lasts for 4.5 months, ending around October 27. On September 14, the cloudiest day of the year, the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy 83% of the time, and clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 17% of the time.
Cloud Cover Categories
0% clear 20% mostly clear 40% partly cloudy 60% mostly cloudy 80% overcast 100%
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. The chance of wet days in Franco Tavera varies very significantly throughout the year.
The wetter season lasts 3.7 months, from June 6 to September 28, with a greater than 34% chance of a given day being a wet day. The chance of a wet day peaks at 66% on July 15.
The drier season lasts 8.3 months, from September 28 to June 6. The smallest chance of a wet day is 2% on March 30.
Among wet days, we distinguish between those that experience rain alone, snow alone, or a mixture of the two. Based on this categorization, the most common form of precipitation throughout the year is rain alone, with a peak probability of 66% on July 15.
Daily Chance of Precipitation
To show variation within the months and not just the monthly totals, we show the rainfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day of the year. Franco Tavera experiences extreme seasonal variation in monthly rainfall.
The rainy period of the year lasts for 5.9 months, from May 7 to November 3, with a sliding 31-day rainfall of at least 0.5 inches. The most rain falls during the 31 days centered around July 6, with an average total accumulation of 4.9 inches.
The rainless period of the year lasts for 6.1 months, from November 3 to May 7. The least rain falls around December 11, with an average total accumulation of 0.1 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall
The length of the day in Franco Tavera varies over the course of the year. In 2018, the shortest day is December 21, with 10 hours, 53 minutes of daylight; the longest day is June 21, with 13 hours, 23 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight
The earliest sunrise is at 6:37 AM on March 31, and the latest sunrise is 1 hour, 6 minutes later at 7:43 AM on October 27. The earliest sunset is at 6:01 PM on November 26, and the latest sunset is 2 hours, 27 minutes later at 8:28 PM on July 4.
Daylight saving time (DST) is observed in Franco Tavera during 2018, starting in the spring on April 1, lasting 6.8 months, and ending in the fall on October 28.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight and Daylight Saving Time
The perceived humidity level in Franco Tavera, as measured by the percentage of time in which the humidity comfort level is muggy, oppressive, or miserable, does not vary significantly over the course of the year, remaining a virtually constant 0% throughout.
Humidity Comfort Levels
dry 55°F comfortable 60°F humid 65°F muggy 70°F oppressive 75°F miserable
The average hourly wind speed in Franco Tavera experiences mild seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The windier part of the year lasts for 3.1 months, from July 16 to October 19, with average wind speeds of more than 7.1 miles per hour. The windiest day of the year is September 25, with an average hourly wind speed of 7.7 miles per hour.
The calmer time of year lasts for 8.9 months, from October 19 to July 16. The calmest day of the year is December 22, with an average hourly wind speed of 6.5 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed
The predominant average hourly wind direction in Franco Tavera varies throughout the year.
The wind is most often from the west for 3.5 months, from January 29 to May 13, with a peak percentage of 47% on March 28. The wind is most often from the east for 8.5 months, from May 13 to January 29, with a peak percentage of 40% on January 1.
Best Time of Year to Visit
To characterize how pleasant the weather is in Franco Tavera throughout the year, we compute two travel scores.
The tourism score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 65°F and 80°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit Franco Tavera for general outdoor tourist activities is from early April to early June, with a peak score in the second week of May.
The beach/pool score favors clear, rainless days with perceived temperatures between 75°F and 90°F. Based on this score, the best time of year to visit Franco Tavera for hot-weather activities is from mid April to early June, with a peak score in the third week of May.
For each hour between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM of each day in the analysis period (1980 to 2016), independent scores are computed for perceived temperature, cloud cover, and total precipitation. Those scores are combined into a single hourly composite score, which is then aggregated into days, averaged over all the years in the analysis period, and smoothed.
Our cloud cover score is 10 for fully clear skies, falling linearly to 9 for mostly clear skies, and to 1 for fully overcast skies.
Our precipitation score, which is based on the three-hour precipitation centered on the hour in question, is 10 for no precipitation, falling linearly to 9 for trace precipitation, and to 0 for 0.04 inches of precipitation or more.
Our tourism temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 50°F, rising linearly to 9 for 65°F, to 10 for 75°F, falling linearly to 9 for 80°F, and to 1 for 90°F or hotter.
Our beach/pool temperature score is 0 for perceived temperatures below 65°F, rising linearly to 9 for 75°F, to 10 for 82°F, falling linearly to 9 for 90°F, and to 1 for 100°F or hotter.
Temperatures in Franco Tavera are sufficiently warm year round that it is not entirely meaningful to discuss the growing season in these terms. We nevertheless include the chart below as an illustration of the distribution of temperatures experienced throughout the year.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season
Growing Degree Days
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy experiences some seasonal variation over the course of the year.
The brighter period of the year lasts for 3.0 months, from March 15 to June 14, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter above 6.9 kWh. The brightest day of the year is May 9, with an average of 7.5 kWh.
The darker period of the year lasts for 2.4 months, from November 15 to January 26, with an average daily incident shortwave energy per square meter below 5.2 kWh. The darkest day of the year is December 20, with an average of 4.7 kWh.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Franco Tavera are 20.606 deg latitude, -100.927 deg longitude, and 5,741 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Franco Tavera contains only modest variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 125 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 5,745 feet. Within 10 miles contains only modest variations in elevation (1,463 feet). Within 50 miles contains very significant variations in elevation (4,741 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Franco Tavera is covered by cropland (89%), within 10 miles by cropland (55%) and grassland (25%), and within 50 miles by trees (28%) and cropland (28%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Franco Tavera, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 3 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Franco Tavera.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Franco Tavera according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Franco Tavera is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Franco Tavera and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Del Bajío International Airport (38%, 71 kilometers, northwest); Querétaro Intercontinental Airport (33%, 77 kilometers, east); and General Francisco J. Mujica International Airport (29%, 85 kilometers, south).
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .