Average Weather in February in Three Lakes Washington, United States
Daily high temperatures increase by 3°F, from 48°F to 51°F, rarely falling below 40°F or exceeding 59°F.
Daily low temperatures are around 37°F, rarely falling below 27°F or exceeding 46°F.
For reference, on August 3, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Three Lakes typically range from 56°F to 76°F, while on December 23, the coldest day of the year, they range from 35°F to 44°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in February
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on February. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in February
The month of February in Three Lakes experiences essentially constant cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy remaining about 72% throughout the month.
The clearest day of the month is February 20, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 30% of the time.
For reference, on November 30, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 77%, while on August 3, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 72%.
Cloud Cover Categories in February
0% clear 20% mostly clear 40% partly cloudy 60% mostly cloudy 80% overcast 100%
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Three Lakes, the chance of a wet day over the course of February is gradually increasing, starting the month at 50% and ending it at 52%.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 61% on November 19, and its lowest chance is 10% on August 10.
Over the course of February in Three Lakes, the chance of a day with only rain increases from 47% to 51%, the chance of a day with mixed snow and rain remains an essentially constant 2% throughout, and the chance of a day with only snow remains an essentially constant 0% throughout.
Probability of Precipitation in February
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during February in Three Lakes is decreasing, starting the month at 7.0 inches, when it rarely exceeds 11.0 inches or falls below 3.0 inches, and ending the month at 6.1 inches, when it rarely exceeds 9.7 inches or falls below 2.5 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall in February
We report snowfall in liquid-equivalent terms. The actual depth of new snowfall is typically between 5 and 10 times the liquid-equivalent amount, assuming the ground is frozen. As with rainfall, we consider the liquid-equivalent snowfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day.
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during February in Three Lakes is essentially constant, remaining about 0.1 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 0.4 inches or falling below -0.0 inches.
Average Monthly Liquid-Equivalent Snowfall in February
Over the course of February in Three Lakes, the length of the day is rapidly increasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day increases by 1 hour, 27 minutes, implying an average daily increase of 3 minutes, 14 seconds, and weekly increase of 22 minutes, 40 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is February 1, with 9 hours, 33 minutes of daylight and the longest day is February 28, with 11 hours, 1 minute of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in February
The latest sunrise of the month in Three Lakes is 7:35 AM on February 1 and the earliest sunrise is 45 minutes earlier at 6:50 AM on February 28.
The earliest sunset is 5:08 PM on February 1 and the latest sunset is 43 minutes later at 5:51 PM on February 28.
Daylight saving time is observed in Three Lakes during 2018, but it neither starts nor ends during February, so the entire month is in standard time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:08 AM and sets 16 hours, 2 minutes later, at 9:11 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 7:54 AM and sets 8 hours, 23 minutes later, at 4:17 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight and Daylight Saving Time in February
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Three Lakes is essentially constant during February, remaining around 0% throughout.
For reference, on July 30, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time, while on January 1, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in February
dry 55°F comfortable 60°F humid 65°F muggy 70°F oppressive 75°F miserable
The average hourly wind speed in Three Lakes is essentially constant during February, remaining within 0.2 miles per hour of 4.6 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on December 29, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 5.1 miles per hour, while on August 9, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 2.5 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed in February
Wind Direction in February
Three Lakes is located near a large body of water (e.g., ocean, sea, or large lake). This section reports on the wide-area average surface temperature of that water.
The average surface water temperature in Three Lakes is essentially constant during February, remaining around 46°F throughout.
The lowest average surface water temperature during February is 46°F on February 11.
Average Water Temperature in February
The growing season in Three Lakes typically lasts for 7.7 months (236 days), from around March 20 to around November 10, rarely starting before February 21 or after April 12, and rarely ending before October 25 or after December 1.
The month of February in Three Lakes is more likely than not fully outside of the growing season, with the chance that a given day is in the growing season increasing from 1% to 17% over the course of the month.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in February
The average accumulated growing degree days in Three Lakes are essentially constant during February, remaining within 6°F of 13°F throughout.
Growing Degree Days in February
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Three Lakes is gradually increasing during February, rising by 0.9 kWh, from 1.4 kWh to 2.3 kWh, over the course of the month.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in February
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Three Lakes are 47.945 deg latitude, -122.012 deg longitude, and 371 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Three Lakes contains significant variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 554 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 461 feet. Within 10 miles contains significant variations in elevation (2,402 feet). Within 50 miles contains large variations in elevation (10,531 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Three Lakes is covered by trees (82%) and artificial surfaces (11%), within 10 miles by trees (52%) and artificial surfaces (23%), and within 50 miles by trees (54%) and water (14%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Three Lakes year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 2 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Three Lakes.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Three Lakes according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Three Lakes is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Three Lakes and a given station.
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .