Average Weather in May in Gósol Spain
Daily high temperatures increase by 8°F, from 52°F to 59°F, rarely falling below 42°F or exceeding 68°F.
Daily low temperatures increase by 8°F, from 32°F to 39°F, rarely falling below 25°F or exceeding 45°F.
For reference, on July 30, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Gósol typically range from 48°F to 71°F, while on January 15, the coldest day of the year, they range from 20°F to 36°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in May
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on May. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in May
The month of May in Gósol experiences essentially constant cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy remaining about 49% throughout the month. The highest chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 51% on May 8.
The clearest day of the month is May 31, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 53% of the time.
For reference, on October 29, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 53%, while on July 20, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 80%.
Cloud Cover Categories in May
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Gósol, the chance of a wet day over the course of May is essentially constant, remaining around 23% throughout.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 24% on May 8, and its lowest chance is 12% on July 14.
Over the course of May in Gósol, the chance of a day with only rain increases from 19% to 22%, the chance of a day with mixed snow and rain decreases from 4% to 0%, and the chance of a day with only snow remains an essentially constant 0% throughout.
Probability of Precipitation in May
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during May in Gósol is essentially constant, remaining about 1.4 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 2.7 inches or falling below 0.4 inches.
The highest average 31-day accumulation is 1.5 inches on May 14.
Average Monthly Rainfall in May
We report snowfall in liquid-equivalent terms. The actual depth of new snowfall is typically between 5 and 10 times the liquid-equivalent amount, assuming the ground is frozen. As with rainfall, we consider the liquid-equivalent snowfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day.
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during May in Gósol is essentially constant, remaining about 0.1 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 0.7 inches or falling below -0.0 inches.
Average Monthly Liquid-Equivalent Snowfall in May
Over the course of May in Gósol, the length of the day is increasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day increases by 59 minutes, implying an average daily increase of 1 minute, 58 seconds, and weekly increase of 13 minutes, 43 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is May 1, with 14 hours, 3 minutes of daylight and the longest day is May 31, with 15 hours, 2 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in May
The latest sunrise of the month in Gósol is 6:49 AM on May 1 and the earliest sunrise is 29 minutes earlier at 6:20 AM on May 31.
The earliest sunset is 8:52 PM on May 1 and the latest sunset is 30 minutes later at 9:22 PM on May 31.
Daylight saving time is observed in Gósol during 2018, but it neither starts nor ends during May, so the entire month is in daylight saving time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 6:17 AM and sets 15 hours, 16 minutes later, at 9:33 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 8:18 AM and sets 9 hours, 5 minutes later, at 5:24 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in May
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Gósol is essentially constant during May, remaining around 0% throughout.
Humidity Comfort Levels in May
The average hourly wind speed in Gósol is gradually decreasing during May, decreasing from 6.2 miles per hour to 5.4 miles per hour over the course of the month.
For reference, on April 5, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 7.0 miles per hour, while on August 28, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 4.5 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed in May
Wind Direction in May
Gósol is located near a large body of water (e.g., ocean, sea, or large lake). This section reports on the wide-area average surface temperature of that water.
The average surface water temperature in Gósol is increasing during May, rising by 6°F, from 59°F to 65°F, over the course of the month.
Average Water Temperature in May
The growing season in Gósol typically lasts for 4.3 months (129 days), from around May 24 to around October 1, rarely starting before May 3 or after June 17, and rarely ending before September 11 or after October 22.
During May in Gósol, the chance that a given day is within the growing season is very rapidly increasing rising from 8% to 64% over the course of the month.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in May
The average accumulated growing degree days in Gósol are gradually increasing during May, increasing by 63°F, from 25°F to 88°F, over the course of the month.
Growing Degree Days in May
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Gósol is gradually increasing during May, rising by 0.7 kWh, from 6.2 kWh to 6.9 kWh, over the course of the month.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in May
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Gósol are 42.237 deg latitude, 1.660 deg longitude, and 5,597 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Gósol contains extreme variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 3,465 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 5,445 feet. Within 10 miles also contains extreme variations in elevation (6,240 feet). Within 50 miles also contains extreme variations in elevation (9,944 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Gósol is covered by trees (44%), grassland (34%), and shrubs (22%), within 10 miles by trees (68%) and grassland (14%), and within 50 miles by trees (53%) and cropland (19%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Gósol year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 6 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Gósol.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Gósol according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Gósol is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Gósol and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Saint-Girons - Antichan (21%, 97 kilometers, northwest); Aeroport de Girona - Costa Brava (18%, 98 kilometers, east); Barcelona–El Prat Airport (15%, 110 kilometers, south); Perpignan–Rivesaltes Airport (15%, 114 kilometers, northeast); Carcassonne-Salvaza (16%, 121 kilometers, northeast); and Reus Airport (15%, 128 kilometers, south).
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .