Average Weather in December in Tolleson Arizona, United States
Daily high temperatures decrease by 4°F, from 69°F to 65°F, rarely falling below 57°F or exceeding 77°F. The lowest daily average high temperature is 65°F on December 25.
Daily low temperatures decrease by 3°F, from 46°F to 43°F, rarely falling below 35°F or exceeding 53°F. The lowest daily average low temperature is 43°F on December 27.
For reference, on July 3, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Tolleson typically range from 82°F to 107°F, while on December 26, the coldest day of the year, they range from 43°F to 65°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in December
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on December. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in December
The month of December in Tolleson experiences gradually increasing cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy increasing from 30% to 35%. The highest chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 35% on December 27.
The clearest day of the month is December 2, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 70% of the time.
For reference, on February 19, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 38%, while on September 18, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 86%.
Cloud Cover Categories in December
0% clear 20% mostly clear 40% partly cloudy 60% mostly cloudy 80% overcast 100%
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Tolleson, the chance of a wet day over the course of December is essentially constant, remaining around 10% throughout.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 18% on August 21, and its lowest chance is 1% on June 13.
Probability of Precipitation in December
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during December in Tolleson is essentially constant, remaining about 0.9 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 2.5 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall in December
Over the course of December in Tolleson, the length of the day is essentially constant. The shortest day of the month is December 21, with 9 hours, 56 minutes of daylight and the longest day is December 1, with 10 hours, 5 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in December
The earliest sunrise of the month in Tolleson is 7:15 AM on December 1 and the latest sunrise is 18 minutes later at 7:33 AM on December 31.
The earliest sunset is 5:20 PM on December 3 and the latest sunset is 11 minutes later at 5:31 PM on December 31.
Daylight saving time is not observed in Tolleson during 2020.
For reference, on June 20, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:19 AM and sets 14 hours, 22 minutes later, at 7:41 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 7:29 AM and sets 9 hours, 56 minutes later, at 5:25 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in December
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Tolleson is essentially constant during December, remaining around 0% throughout.
For reference, on August 13, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 28% of the time, while on January 1, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in December
dry 55°F comfortable 60°F humid 65°F muggy 70°F oppressive 75°F miserable
The average hourly wind speed in Tolleson is essentially constant during December, remaining within 0.1 miles per hour of 6.8 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on April 26, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 7.7 miles per hour, while on August 15, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 5.8 miles per hour.
The lowest daily average wind speed during December is 6.7 miles per hour on December 16.
Average Wind Speed in December
The hourly average wind direction in Tolleson throughout December is predominantly from the east, with a peak proportion of 51% on December 29.
Wind Direction in December
While it does not do so every year, freezing temperatures are seen in Tolleson over some winters. The day least likely to be in the growing season is January 3, with a 74% chance.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in December
The average accumulated growing degree days in Tolleson are gradually increasing during December, increasing by 166°F, from 7,711°F to 7,877°F, over the course of the month.
Growing Degree Days in December
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Tolleson is essentially constant during December, remaining within 0.1 kWh of 3.3 kWh throughout.
The lowest average daily incident shortwave solar energy during December is 3.1 kWh on December 23.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in December
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Tolleson are 33.450 deg latitude, -112.259 deg longitude, and 1,014 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Tolleson is essentially flat, with a maximum elevation change of 59 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 1,014 feet. Within 10 miles is essentially flat (1,946 feet). Within 50 miles contains very significant variations in elevation (6,624 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Tolleson is covered by shrubs (43%), artificial surfaces (31%), and cropland (26%), within 10 miles by shrubs (58%) and artificial surfaces (25%), and within 50 miles by shrubs (86%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Tolleson year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 4 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Tolleson.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Tolleson according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Tolleson is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Tolleson and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Phoenix Goodyear Airport (44%, 12 kilometers, west); Luke Air Force Base (31%, 15 kilometers, northwest); Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (16%, 24 kilometers, east); and Phoenix-Deer Valley Airport (9%, 31 kilometers, northeast).
All other weather data, including cloud cover, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and solar flux, come from NASA's MERRA-2 Modern-Era Retrospective Analysis . This reanalysis combines a variety of wide-area measurements in a state-of-the-art global meteorological model to reconstruct the hourly history of weather throughout the world on a 50-kilometer grid.
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .