Average Weather in January in Gold Bar Washington, United States
Daily high temperatures increase by 3°F, from 43°F to 46°F, rarely falling below 34°F or exceeding 54°F.
Daily low temperatures are around 35°F, rarely falling below 23°F or exceeding 45°F.
For reference, on August 3, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Gold Bar typically range from 58°F to 78°F, while on December 23, the coldest day of the year, they range from 34°F to 43°F.
Average High and Low Temperature in January
The figure below shows you a compact characterization of the hourly average temperatures for the quarter of the year centered on January. The horizontal axis is the day, the vertical axis is the hour of the day, and the color is the average temperature for that hour and day.
Average Hourly Temperature in January
The month of January in Gold Bar experiences essentially constant cloud cover, with the percentage of time that the sky is overcast or mostly cloudy remaining about 76% throughout the month.
The clearest day of the month is January 26, with clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy conditions 25% of the time.
For reference, on November 29, the cloudiest day of the year, the chance of overcast or mostly cloudy conditions is 79%, while on August 3, the clearest day of the year, the chance of clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy skies is 69%.
Cloud Cover Categories in January
A wet day is one with at least 0.04 inches of liquid or liquid-equivalent precipitation. In Gold Bar, the chance of a wet day over the course of January is decreasing, starting the month at 55% and ending it at 50%.
For reference, the year's highest daily chance of a wet day is 62% on November 18, and its lowest chance is 10% on August 6.
Over the course of January in Gold Bar, the chance of a day with only rain decreases from 50% to 47%, the chance of a day with mixed snow and rain remains an essentially constant 3% throughout, and the chance of a day with only snow remains an essentially constant 1% throughout.
Probability of Precipitation in January
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during January in Gold Bar is decreasing, starting the month at 8.4 inches, when it rarely exceeds 12.6 inches or falls below 4.4 inches, and ending the month at 7.6 inches, when it rarely exceeds 11.8 inches or falls below 3.2 inches.
Average Monthly Rainfall in January
We report snowfall in liquid-equivalent terms. The actual depth of new snowfall is typically between 5 and 10 times the liquid-equivalent amount, assuming the ground is frozen. As with rainfall, we consider the liquid-equivalent snowfall accumulated over a sliding 31-day period centered around each day.
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during January in Gold Bar is essentially constant, remaining about 0.3 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 1.3 inches or falling below -0.0 inches.
Average Monthly Liquid-Equivalent Snowfall in January
Over the course of January in Gold Bar, the length of the day is rapidly increasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day increases by 1 hour, 2 minutes, implying an average daily increase of 2 minutes, 4 seconds, and weekly increase of 14 minutes, 26 seconds.
The shortest day of the month is January 1, with 8 hours, 29 minutes of daylight and the longest day is January 31, with 9 hours, 31 minutes of daylight.
Hours of Daylight and Twilight in January
The latest sunrise of the month in Gold Bar is 7:56 AM on January 1 and the earliest sunrise is 21 minutes earlier at 7:35 AM on January 31.
The earliest sunset is 4:25 PM on January 1 and the latest sunset is 41 minutes later at 5:05 PM on January 31.
Daylight saving time is observed in Gold Bar during 2018, but it neither starts nor ends during January, so the entire month is in standard time.
For reference, on June 21, the longest day of the year, the Sun rises at 5:07 AM and sets 16 hours, 2 minutes later, at 9:09 PM, while on December 21, the shortest day of the year, it rises at 7:53 AM and sets 8 hours, 23 minutes later, at 4:16 PM.
Sunrise & Sunset with Twilight in January
The chance that a given day will be muggy in Gold Bar is essentially constant during January, remaining around 0% throughout.
For reference, on July 20, the muggiest day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time, while on January 1, the least muggy day of the year, there are muggy conditions 0% of the time.
Humidity Comfort Levels in January
The average hourly wind speed in Gold Bar is essentially constant during January, remaining within 0.1 miles per hour of 4.8 miles per hour throughout.
For reference, on December 29, the windiest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 5.0 miles per hour, while on August 9, the calmest day of the year, the daily average wind speed is 2.7 miles per hour.
Average Wind Speed in January
Wind Direction in January
Gold Bar is located near a large body of water (e.g., ocean, sea, or large lake). This section reports on the wide-area average surface temperature of that water.
The average surface water temperature in Gold Bar is essentially constant during January, remaining around 47°F throughout.
Average Water Temperature in January
The growing season in Gold Bar typically lasts for 7.5 months (230 days), from around March 26 to around November 12, rarely starting before February 22 or after April 23, and rarely ending before October 25 or after December 2.
The month of January in Gold Bar is reliably fully outside of the growing season.
Time Spent in Various Temperature Bands and the Growing Season in January
The average accumulated growing degree days in Gold Bar are essentially constant during January, remaining within 2°F of 2°F throughout.
Growing Degree Days in January
The average daily incident shortwave solar energy in Gold Bar is gradually increasing during January, rising by 0.5 kWh, from 0.9 kWh to 1.4 kWh, over the course of the month.
Average Daily Incident Shortwave Solar Energy in January
For the purposes of this report, the geographical coordinates of Gold Bar are 47.857 deg latitude, -121.697 deg longitude, and 482 ft elevation.
The topography within 2 miles of Gold Bar contains very significant variations in elevation, with a maximum elevation change of 1,339 feet and an average elevation above sea level of 339 feet. Within 10 miles contains very significant variations in elevation (5,827 feet). Within 50 miles also contains extreme variations in elevation (10,531 feet).
The area within 2 miles of Gold Bar is covered by trees (76%) and artificial surfaces (13%), within 10 miles by trees (77%) and shrubs (15%), and within 50 miles by trees (56%) and shrubs (15%).
This report illustrates the typical weather in Gold Bar year round, based on a statistical analysis of historical hourly weather reports and model reconstructions from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 2016.
Temperature and Dew Point
There are 5 weather stations near enough to contribute to our estimation of the temperature and dew point in Gold Bar.
For each station, the records are corrected for the elevation difference between that station and Gold Bar according to the International Standard Atmosphere , and by the relative change present in the MERRA-2 satellite-era reanalysis between the two locations.
The estimated value at Gold Bar is computed as the weighted average of the individual contributions from each station, with weights proportional to the inverse of the distance between Gold Bar and a given station.
The stations contributing to this reconstruction are: Snohomish County Airport (Paine Field) (35%, 44 kilometers, west); Arlington Municipal Airport (30%, 48 kilometers, northwest); Renton Municipal Airport (23%, 56 kilometers, southwest); Stampede Pass (7%, 70 kilometers, southeast); and Omak Airport (4.4%, 175 kilometers, northeast).
Time zones for aiports and weather stations are provided by AskGeo.com .