This report describes the typical weather at the Kuressaare Airport (Kuressaare, Estonia) weather station over the course of an average year. It is based on the historical records from 2010 to 2013. Earlier records are either unavailable or unreliable.
Kuressaare has a humid continental climate with warm summers and no dry season. The area within 25 mi of this station is covered by oceans and seas (55%) and grasslands (43%).
Over the course of a year, the temperature typically varies from 12Â°F to 73Â°F and is rarely below 1Â°F or above 77Â°F.
The warm season lasts from June 7 to September 4 with an average daily high temperature above 63Â°F. The hottest day of the year is July 19, with an average high of 73Â°F and low of 63Â°F.
The cold season lasts from December 7 to March 5 with an average daily high temperature below 33Â°F. The coldest day of the year is February 15, with an average low of 12Â°F and high of 24Â°F.
The length of the day varies significantly over the course of the year. The shortest day is December 21 with 6:23 hours of daylight; the longest day is June 21 with 18:17 hours of daylight.
The earliest sunrise is at 4:23am on June 19 and the latest sunset is at 10:41pm on June 23. The latest sunrise is at 9:19am on December 25 and the earliest sunset is at 3:38pm on December 12.
Daylight saving time (DST) is observed in this location during 2013, starting in the spring on March 31 and ending in the fall on October 27.
The median cloud cover ranges from 36% (mostly clear) to 91% (mostly cloudy). The sky is cloudiest on December 15 and clearest on May 19. The clearer part of the year begins around February 14. The cloudier part of the year begins around October 15.
On May 19, the clearest day of the year, the sky is clear, mostly clear, or partly cloudy 41% of the time, and overcast or mostly cloudy 18% of the time.
On December 15, the cloudiest day of the year, the sky is overcast, mostly cloudy, or partly cloudy 81% of the time, and clear or mostly clear 13% of the time.
The probability that precipitation will be observed at this location varies throughout the year. Precipitation is most likely around December 27, occurring in 67% of days. Precipitation is least likely around June 13, occurring in 17% of days.
Over the entire year, the most common forms of precipitation are light rain, light snow, moderate snow, and moderate rain.
Light rain is the most severe precipitation observed during 41% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around September 25, when it is observed during 32% of all days.
Light snow is the most severe precipitation observed during 22% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around January 24, when it is observed during 31% of all days.
Moderate snow is the most severe precipitation observed during 14% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around January 5, when it is observed during 20% of all days.
Moderate rain is the most severe precipitation observed during 13% of those days with precipitation. It is most likely around August 29, when it is observed during 11% of all days.
During the warm season, which lasts from June 7 to September 4, there is a 26% average chance that precipitation will be observed at some point during a given day. When precipitation does occur it is most often in the form of light rain (59% of days with precipitation have at worst light rain), moderate rain (28%), and thunderstorms (8%).
During the cold season, which lasts from December 7 to March 5, there is a 55% average chance that precipitation will be observed at some point during a given day. When precipitation does occur it is most often in the form of light snow (45% of days with precipitation have at worst light snow), moderate snow (28%), light rain (13%), and heavy snow (6%).
The likelihood of snow falling is highest around January 13, occurring in 51% of days. The season in which it is relatively likely for snow to fall spans from November 16 to March 21.
Either snow rarely accumulates at this location or snow depth measurements are unavailable or unreliable.
The relative humidity typically ranges from 55% (mildly humid) to 100% (very humid) over the course of the year, rarely dropping below 41% (comfortable) and reaching as high as 100% (very humid).
The air is driest around May 29, at which time the relative humidity drops below 61% (mildly humid) three days out of four; it is most humid around January 9, exceeding 99% (very humid) three days out of four.
Dew point is often a better measure of how comfortable a person will find the weather than relative humidity because it more directly relates to whether perspiration will evaporate from the skin, thereby cooling the body. Lower dew points feel drier and higher dew points feel more humid.
Over the course of a year, the dew point typically varies from 10Â°F (dry) to 64Â°F (mildy humid) and is rarely below -2Â°F (dry) or above 69Â°F (muggy).
The time of the year between May 18 and October 1 is the most comfortable, with dew points that are neither too dry nor too muggy.
Over the course of the year typical wind speeds vary from 3 mph to 19 mph (light breeze to fresh breeze), rarely exceeding 24 mph (strong breeze).
The highest average wind speed of 13 mph (moderate breeze) occurs around December 7, at which time the average daily maximum wind speed is 19 mph (fresh breeze).
The lowest average wind speed of 8 mph (gentle breeze) occurs around May 2, at which time the average daily maximum wind speed is 14 mph (moderate breeze).